Saturday, August 27, 2011

Paris

I love Paris, I hate Paris, I love Paris.

I love Paris: fast trains, chocolat chaud, architecture, history, the Seine, the light, Hotel rooms (when you finally get into them) with wonderfully comfortable beds and beautiful tall windows, les Halles restaurants, the food; even the bad stuff, cobblestone streets, dining with two sommeliers, wine bars, Sancerre, escargots, wine, wine, and more wine.

I hate Paris: the overnight flight, the early morning arrival, hotel room check in not till 2pm, actual room not ready until after 3pm, dirty, smelly, hot, sticky, shoes that hurt my feet, clipboard street kids, always getting lost in the Left Bank,  people, people, people......OMG, the quantity of people who are in Paris in August!!!

Paris: Chateau d'Yquem at only 10 euros a glass.............I LOVE PARIS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment